View Single Post
Old November 24, 2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Jonathan12

Basically I just need to replace the barrel and everything that goes with it. That's the reason I was looking for a complete barrel assembly.

Barrel has a couple of breaches in it and what looks like a severe fracture, where the front sight block attaches. Needs a new barrel. Also needs a complete front sight block, and a gas block w/bayonet lugs. I tried to change out the gas block myself, but discovered first that the barrel was damaged, and then that the Maadi gas block *Joeken sold me wouldn't fit anyway.

I don't know if that will entail replacing the front trunion/rear sight too, but I'm guessing it will.

*I got burned by them once before, should have learned.

-Jonathan

UPDATE:

Looks like I can find all the needed parts...including a brand new, threaded Romanian barrel. Of course, it won't be drilled or tapped, so it's totally out of the question to do on my own. I suppose all I need to do is get the right parts ordered, and find an AK builder in Oklahoma that can actually do the work.

I'm pretty sure all I need to get is the barrel, front sight block, gas block, the four pins to install them, and the little parts I need for the front sight block. What I still need to know, is if there are any other parts I need to get for a complete barrel replacement?

-Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan12; November 24, 2010 at 09:20 PM.

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries