View Single Post
Old March 24, 2008, 10:22 PM   #15
.351winchester

The pistol cal. carbine fill this niche well. They have better ballistics than a handgun, yet more accuracy (being a long gun), less muzzle blast and flip, etc. .223 softpoint let alone 40 gr. JHP does not penetrate any worse than 9mm FMJ, but is not as mild to fire indoors as a .40 carbine. These carbines are easy to train beginners on-even those not interested in guns can quickly become proficient with this weapon.
I've actually read a number of folks who had a Storm and a High Point Carbine, prefered the HP. I think the Ruger PC-4 (now OOP) would be the way to go, was gonna get one for my wife. Kinda would like a Vector Uzi Carbine, but just as a toy, a cheap SR-41 too for plinking fun, but that both could work for HD/SD.

IMO, the two ideal HD handguns: a GM-sized 1911A1 .45, and a .44 Special DA revolver (a 4".44 Mag would give it 6 rounds, and provide SD in the outdoors). Both are low pressure, subsonic rounds (well, .44 Spl. make good use of Magsafe and Glaser).
And a 20 gauge for HD purposes, is just as good if not better than a 12 gauge, offering greater controllability.

I'm currently renting a trailer while saving for a house. Have not found a suitable gun. A .177 pellet could pass thru every wall. Currently live alone , but trailers to either side are less than 10 ft. apart, and a lot of windows.

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries