View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 10:14 AM   #78
David Armstrong

Quote:
As are many "studies" as many that the Joyce Foundation produces. I think the debate illuminated the differences and explained to the layman well what the research showed.
There is the problem. Some want to "illuminate the difference" while others suggest learning about an issue.
Quote:
That is incorrect and insulting.
Sorry, I can only comment based on what you have shown. Again, if one considers a debate posted on YouTube as a good source of information, or if they think that a link where someone posts something they read about what somebody else about what somebody else wrote, or if they don't understand the concept and ease of inter-library loan, and so on, I'm gong to suggest they don't understand basic research issues.
Quote:
Apparently some academics believe CCW reduce crime.
Some academics believe in Intelligent Design. Most academic don't. Same with the idea the CCW was responsible for the drop in crime rates without considering all the other variables out there.
Quote:
And I read and commented on the Donohue article he posted which IMO shed no better light on the discussion than the debate.
I think that says more about ones ability to be a good consumer of research than anything else.

Page generated in 0.03225 seconds with 8 queries