View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1
JJF

Not very revolver smart. Asking for input.

Hello to all!

During my last visit to an out of town gun store in December I ran across an American Western Arms Conversion style revolver that looks just like the Cimarron Transitional Conversion that I already own. I should be revisiting them again soon and if they still have the item, I may consider it again. Other than the fact that the manufacturer is not very highly regarded from what I've seen around the web, the pistol had a slight issue that I would need advice on before I would be able to decide if to purchase or not. The issue that I noticed is that as the cylinder rotates, there is more drag (I think against the barrel mouth) for about 1/3 to 1/2 of a full 360 degree rotation. At first I thought perhaps the barrel pin may not have been properly reattached after the last disassembly, but then realized that should in my mind cause the increased rub throughout the entire 360 rotation. So, my only conclusion was that the cylinder itself must have not been machined completly "square" to spec. The cylinder rotation seemed normal other than in the increased drag area. Other than just being sloppy workmanship, I wondered if this would even be a true concern. Is there anything my limited smarts is missing? Or, should I just stay away from this pistol altogether?

Thanks for any help and considerations.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries