View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 11:26 PM   #3
tahunua001

welcome back to the dark side. my LGS has an Ishapore7.62 right now, I don't remember what they were asking for it but it seemed a little steep but then again I don't know the prices that they usually net. NO1 style enfields never held much interest for me... too front heavy.

either I'm a dumbass or there is a serious problem with all the K11/K31s in my area, every one I pick up seems to have the bolt locked up on it. that is one rifle I have no interest at all in owning.

one very cheap option that is not so cheap to feed is a Steyr M1895 straight pull. JG sales has had them constantly for less than $100 ever since I've started looking at milsurps. 8x56R is pretty tough to getahold of but grafs has lots of reloading compenents. I got dies, 100 brass and 100 208gr FMJs all for about $100 so it's not a very expensive prospect to invest in reloading for them... after all the brass and dies are a 1 time expense unless you shoot a lot.

as for MAS36. they are kindof in the same boat as the M95 though they command higher prices and the ammo/brass+dies are just as hard to come by. at least they shoot a 308 bullet so those are easier to get ahold of. my MAS36 has the smoothest bolt of any of my milsurps but I have still yet to find what range that thing had to have been zeroed for and accuracy is pretty poor for my liking. I'm trying to sell mine so I can put the money towards something else.

Page generated in 0.02750 seconds with 8 queries