View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 06:39 PM   #8
MadHatter1

Without having been there to see it firsthand, its tough to AAR an event. With that discalimer, my best guess would be that each individual team member had very specific areas of responsibility and sectors of fire, and complete faith in their team mates. The team is made up of individuals, but functions as an organic element.
Ive cleared more buildings in Iraq and Afghanistan than I can count. I bang my corner, and ONLY engage targets in my assigned sector. For example, lets say Im the #1 man through the door and I choose to hook right. Theres a target at a 60* angle to my left. Not only should I not engage, I shouldn't even see it. If I see it, Im not paying attention to my sector. If I engage, I clog up the team in the 'funnel'. That target is the responsability of the #2 man, and I have to trust him to do his job.
With something like a mall, I'd assume (and we all know what happens when you do that) that the team was using a strongwall method of domination, and sweeping the building from one end to the other down the main corridors, with the men more or less on-line. Every man has an assigned sector, and there should be a little overlap.
Its very difficult to move like that as a unit, and almost impossible to be behind cover 100% of the time. Your 'cover' is knowing the man to your left and right has your back.
With the information provided, the team at least did a good job of spotting you the moment you stepped out of hiding, and didn't engage a non-hostile

Page generated in 0.03441 seconds with 8 queries