View Single Post
Old May 23, 2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Delta1067

Wal Mart

Our Wal Mart is constantly calling in shopliftings and car break ins. I have a rule with my wife--she is not allowed to go there after dark.

I am a Deputy and the suspicious person call is one of my favorites. A lot of times we get on scene and the people have already moved on. Other times we get out with them and they have warrants, or they just finished stealing something, or have guns on them, or have dope on them. A lot of times we get out with them and we got nothing. That is all right. At least they know people are watching and we can document who they are, what they are driving, and what area they are in. This Deters crime. Shady people loitering around with no purpose need to be checked on by local law enforcment.

A lot of property crimes are crimes of opportunity. People make it easy for crminals to steal. It is easier to break into a empty house than to conduct a home invasion where the house is occupied. It is a lot easier to steal something from a car that is left unlocked than to break into one. And my favorite--it is a lot easier to steal a car that is left unlocked and running with the keys in the ignition than to steal one that is locked up.

If you get the feeling that something isn't right then trust that feeling. Whatever you do, don't blindly go through life not paying attention to your surroundings. If you don't pay attention and don't take steps to reduce your likelyhood of being a victim of crime, then don't be surprised when something bad happens to you. Carry good insurance if you don't want to carry a gun or at least keep your stuff locked up.

Page generated in 0.02483 seconds with 8 queries