View Single Post
Old November 25, 2005, 07:26 PM   #26
stevensc

"Two nights ago I was awakened by the sound of a car alarm at 4:30 am. I got up and wanted to check around outside to make sure everything was OK."

Maybe had you called the police at that moment and stayed inside they would have gotten there in time (if they are prompt) to catch the guy in the act of burglarizing the car. Of course if he was trying to get into your house it is a different matter and all bets are off.

Having said that, a fairly similar thing happened to me, a couple of nights ago at 3 am my son woke me to say a car was parked in our drive way. I did pretty much the same as you and went out to see what was going on. A young guy got out of the car telling me everything was ok. He had a flat and no spare but had telephoned for help and some friends were on the way with a spare. I went back inside and kept an eye on them to make sure they left after changing the tire. They did and left, no problem. The next morning a deputy came by to see if I had seen a car that left a puddle of oil in my driveway I told him what had happened earlier. Apparently the guy had run off the road and into the yard of a house up the road causing considerable damage. I sure wished I had called the sherrif's office when it first happened. Fortunately the guy was caught the next day, seems a pizza delivery cap fell out of his car and they tracked him down.
Steve

Page generated in 0.03337 seconds with 8 queries