View Single Post
Old November 21, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3
MarkCO

I ran the SLPs for 3 years in 3Gun. I much prefer them to the Benelli M2, but I did switch to the Versa-Max.

The SLPs are the fastest cycling production shotgun. For the few guys that can outrun a Benelli, this is a benefit. For the masses, makes little difference. They are built like a tank. The barrels are thick, and chrome lined, which is unique. They are also one of the best in terms of slug accuracy due to the one piece tube, no clamp, and the thick barrel.

They do take some maintenance to keep them running like a top. I replaced the magazine spring and the dogleg spring every 1500 rounds or so. When I got to about 2K, started having issues. It might take some heavy loads and leaving the bolt locked back for a few weeks/ 500 rounds to make a specific one 100% reliable with birdshot. Using it hard, they are probably a 10 to 12K shotgun.

The main reasons I went to the VM were the improved reliability, ability to shoot low recoil rounds without mods and the 3.5" loading port. But I did design a one piece tube for it to improve the slug accuracy and feed reliability with magnum loads. My design will be on the new VM 3G edition, but the idea came from the SLP.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries