View Single Post
Old September 6, 2012, 02:19 PM   #27
marine6680

PSA are GTG from what I hear... I will be building two ARs using their parts soon.

BTW the RRA entry tactical is not a free floated barrel.

Windham and PSA are about equal in quality. Maybe not as good as say, Colt or BCM, but real close.

You can buy upgraded triggers all day long for $100 or less, so if you buy a rifle and do not like the trigger, then buy the upgrade later.

If you do go the build your own lower route... buy the compliant parts up front... its a violation just to own them, let alone actually put them in a functioning firearm. PSA might not have a FSB that does not have a bayonet lug. You may need to look elsewhere for a compliant upper. BCM sells uppers but they raise the cost a good bit... Spikes Tactical is just a little more than PSA... I think Windham sells uppers as well... actually many places sell just uppers. PSA, Spikes, and Windham are the budget but still high quality sellers... others may be cheaper, but their quality is suspect.

Only the lowers are required to go to the FFL for transfer.

The good thing about sourcing an upper separate, you can get it set up how you want. The upper is were most of the important stuff happens, and is where parts wear out fastest.

Lowers are all pretty much the same from a functionality standpoint. (quality is a different subject) You might choose a match trigger or a few other options... but the job of the lower is pretty simple.

Page generated in 0.02279 seconds with 8 queries