Thread: Rage heartache
View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 04:42 PM   #31
Farmland

That would be great and if everyone could shoot 100% and hit one lung that is great. The right spot to me is the area that will in fact do that. However can you be off just a fraction of a inch? You bet you can, now as far as I remember I had clipped the lungs on the first shot.

I must be pretty good at the right spot since I have never lost a deer and in fact this is the only one that I can remember that ever ran more than a few feet.

In any event hitting a deer with a field tip or broadhead that doesn't open can result in unexpected things.

Did I do the right thing at shooting at a deer in the neck since that was the only open shot on a deer that I had hit 100% where you should have the first time? AT the time I thought so. Should I have taken the last shot with the deer showing the only open shot the back? It worked for a kill at the time. After all I had an arrow through the chest / lung area and the neck. I just didn't know it was a very small hole.

In any event things happen and the main point is that you are in fact at a disadvantage when a broadhead doesn't open or you do something stupid like using fieldtips.

Page generated in 0.03578 seconds with 8 queries