View Single Post
Old September 9, 2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Musketeer

Well, in that spirit here is the PM I sent to Bluesman:

I would say half my posts are in L&P and have long appreciated the forum. It is clear that there has been some unrestrained emotion of late, as well as a fair share of "intentionally disruptive" posters...

While I understand your immediate decision I do hope we can get back to an open L&P forum. That may not be possible though until after November. In the meantime I make the suggestion that we limit L&P to FIREARMS RELATED POSTS. There are plenty of firearms issues in L&P without going down the path of Iraq, gay rights, abortion, etc.

Loosing all discussion on the L&P aspects of firearms would be a very bad thing for this forum. It will cause worthwhile contributors to go elsewhere. I probably post 20:1 here rather than elsewhere because I do enjoy the political aspects of the discussions and look at news presented in them on 2A issues as critical. Without that discussion I will look to other sights first, then TFL when I get around to it as opposed to the other way around.

After November when the trolls slink back to under their bridges and the emotional fever has passed hopefully we can get back to an open L&P forum requiring only a sane level of moderation as opposed to the insanity we have now.

That is my hopefully helpful input. Thank you for running this forum and of course any decision you make on running it is fully within your rights.

Best regards,

Musketeer

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

Page generated in 0.02211 seconds with 8 queries