View Single Post
Old June 22, 2013, 11:29 AM   #18
Fishbed77

Quote:
I just noticed you're in CA! Your rifle has a flash hider, pistol grip, 30rd mag, bayonet lug and other "evil" features so you need to make absolutely sure it's legal in your state. Since it's a parts gun built on a recent S&W lower receiver, I fear it is not legal so find out before taking it to the range!

The upper itself could be pre-ban but the lower surely is not so it really doesn't matter how old the upper is since "age" is determined by the serial # on the lower receiver. All the other parts could be pre-ban, but still you go by the lower receiver.
You know - I was thinking the same thing. I'm no expert on California's immoral and unconstitutional laws, but I get the feeling that someone may have taken a "pre-ban" rifle (maybe Bushmaster or Olympic), stripped it down to the lower (assuming a "pre-ban" lower is more valuable in California) to use that for some other project, and then just slapped all the leftover parts on a new, less-valuable S&W lower they had sitting around to sell off to an unsuspecting buyer.

Then again, it may be much more innocent. As someone mentioned, maybe it was just a parts kit on a new lower. It still doesn't look legal for California, from what I understand, since all S&W lowers are "post-ban."

I'd be curious as to what the markings on the barrel say.

Last edited by Fishbed77; June 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.02095 seconds with 8 queries