View Single Post
Old June 14, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1
DE Shooter

Build a HD Rem1100

I already have a (primary HD piece) and a backup for it too. Neither is a shotgun. I've used 870s and Brownings many years for hunting and for various clay disciplines. Now I want to try my hand at building an HD Rem 1100...my pumping days are over due to a serious shoulder injury. If I had the money I'd just buy a Tac4 for or maybe try an FN or Benelli type HD version. I have a choice to buy for <$300 an old 1100 Trap or an old 1100 Magnum. The Magnum has seen alot less rounds. I plan on putting a pistol grip stock, extending the tube, cutting the barrel down alittle to match the tube, and adding Ghostring sights. I don't know much about 1100s. Will cutting the barrel down to 18-22inches affect the gas operating system? I see that the trap has a 2-hole system and the magnum has a 1-hole system. I reload so I can custom load for premium operation. I know I can save an eventually get whatever I want...just thought it would be fun to pick my accessories...since it will not be my grap first piece. Any help appreciated.

Page generated in 0.02157 seconds with 8 queries