View Single Post
Old September 3, 2012, 03:23 PM   #57
scrubcedar

Bluetrain, it's a great round, but that's not the point. It's not a magic death ray, that's the point.
When we got in GSW's what was hit was far more important than what hit them. We had a lot who were hit with .25acp rounds who squeeked through barely alive. Peripheral hits just weren't normally a threat.
I'm perfectly willing to admit my lack of experience firing different types of pistol rounds but it seems to me if all I can do with a more powerful cartridge is spray and pray, not hitting what I'm aiming at, it's time to find a different weapon/caliber.
If I put holes in his heart and lungs with a .380 and you put holes in his shoulder/arm with a .45 what is the coroner going to say killed him?
IMHO the best pistol round for you is the most powerful one you can accurately shoot multiple rounds with. If it's the .45 for you more power to you, but it still is more important what you hit than what you hit it with.

Page generated in 0.03580 seconds with 8 queries