View Single Post
Old October 3, 2000, 03:33 PM   #1
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

I can't understand how he can run Front Sight as a business and keep its head above water. Well - I'm sure he's not. His ambitious projects are grand - and I like the idea... But what he is doing it not making sense to me.
He is discounting his product by shocking degrees.
Now - I am not advocating this school or advertising for them... I just want this explained to me.
Earlier this year they gave away SMG Classes, including the ammo. They are running a 50% special right now on their $500, three day class. And if you buy a GOA life membership - You can have that same 3 day class for FREE.
As I understand it - everything Front Sight is doing is very expensive - all the ammo, all the construction they got planned - and they are also doing this buy back thing - for an SKS, they'll give you 500 dollars worth of training. An SKS was 69 dollars not too long ago!

I dont get it.
I can see what Dr. Piazza is trying to do... get market position over GunSite and ThunderRanch... get those elite teams from the Navy and Police departments out there and bil the hell out of them. But thats not going to pay off for some time.
Even if C-130's start landing on his strip today... he will still be behind the 8-Ball for years to come.

I dont know - I just want to get my bank loans where he got his.

Page generated in 0.02596 seconds with 8 queries