View Single Post
Old September 14, 2005, 06:15 PM   #3
blackmind

The reason I don't think they are worth it is that they are SO expensive for what you get. If you want to spend like 1/4 the price, you can have a flashlight that may not have quite all the "features" and may not be exactly as bright, but it costs you only $40. That would be this flashlight, the Inova T2, 3 watts, 40 lumens. Or the Inova T3 85 lumen flashlight for just $50. I have both, and I like them a lot.

Some argue that the light is just "not the same" from an LED, but I myself find it brighter, whiter, and clearer than from conventional flashlights (although I have admittedly limited experience with Sure Fires). My favorite benefit of the Inovas is that they are LED, and as such are far more resistant to shock breakage, and their life is expected to be "lifetime." In other words, you will probably have your T2 or T3 until they manage to make the same size flashlight three times as bright with not-yet-here technology -- not until your flashlight lamp simply breaks and you have to spend an ungodly sum to replace it.

All you'll have to replace with the Inova LED flashlights is the CR123A lithium batteries. At Walmart, they go for about $6+; at The Battery Station, you can select packs of them, shipped in various Pelican or Otter cases, for just over $1 a battery. (Scroll down in that link and you'll see several deals.)

The choice is yours, but I recommend LED lights.

-blackmind

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 8 queries