View Single Post
Old May 17, 2001, 11:00 AM   #31
Alleycat

OK you guys...here's a coupla tips to help keep your chronos operational, but we're not gonna talk about how I learned 'em...

1. (this is posted earlier but bears repeating) REplace your diffuser rods with wood dowels, the lighter the better. This prevents the destruction of the chrony through hitting the rods.

2. Turn your chronograph sideways! I do a lot of evening testing, and discovered that if I set up a white background (IPSC target, posterboard, etc) so that it's in full light, and then point the chronograph sideways at it, I get better, more consistent results. Take the diffusers off (folks, the skyscreens are the receptors in the BOTTOM of the chronograph--the plastic thingies are the DIFFUSERS) but leave the dowels in to define your shooting area. This takes care of the flinch that takes out the sensors--you might get a dowel, but that's all. This works great for all chronographs that depend on available light--the white background gives good contrast for the chrono to "see" the bullet pass.

3. Set up a target.

Good luck!

Steve

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries