View Single Post
Old May 7, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Kimio

Downloaded for new shooters? (Revolvers)

I was talking with a friend who reloads, and I had mentioned that I'd like to get a girl I know into shooting more. She's got some experience shooting .22 LR revolvers and rifles (A ruger 10/22 if I recall) but doesn't own anything other than a small snub nosed revolver in .38 spc

She's a little intimidated by it, and from personal experience, the snubbys can be a little snappy?

My friend suggested that I should perhaps look into what are called "Gallary" loads? If I understand correctly, they're rounds loaded slightly under what they normally are loaded so that they recoil softer? This of course could cause issues in semi auto's but in a revolver I think they should be fine or am I wrong?

I personally don't reload, but my friend does, and has offered to load some rounds as long as I provide or pay for the materials to have them made.

Seeing as I'm very noobish in my knowledge of reloading, is this safe? Wouldn't downloading a round risk the chance of the round not having enough energy behind it to push the round out of the barrel? I just don't want to end up blowing up both my friends hands (or mine) and the gun by doing something like this.

Page generated in 0.02623 seconds with 8 queries