View Single Post
Old October 7, 2011, 03:09 PM   #4
Steven_Seagal

I understand that federal trumps state, but if the state decides to pass a law, that should be honored by federal, imo. Isn't that what sovereignty is all about?

This administration has stated several times that they would recognize state laws with regards to Medical Marijuana and would not actively pursue enforcement of federal marijuana laws where states had allowed medical marijuana. Looks like they are going back on their word. Not only that, they take it one step further and punish gun owners.

I know several people who have smoked herb their whole life and have never committed a violent crime, yet I know two people who were Oxycontin junkies and ended up in prison for robbing people to support their habit, yet Oxy users can still have guns. If you punish one segment of prescription drug users, punish the others that could pose problems. I don't even think Marijuana users as a whole really cause that many problems anyway. But I digress, as that is only my opinion and should not be taken as a statement of fact

Page generated in 0.03697 seconds with 8 queries