View Single Post
Old March 31, 2009, 09:07 AM   #19
12GaugeShuggoth

Quote:
All of you eastern hunters who have spent thousands of dollars managing food plots, setting up feeders, salt licks and what nought are now no longer hunters and must stop immediately because you are giving the rest of us guys a bad name.
I am an eastern hunter and do none of that. The only food plots we have were only planted because the fields that had in years past given a lot of food to the local wildlife haven't been utilized for crops during this past year, and for the record quite a large portion of our "food plots" are really just large gardens that we've planted. Deer can tear up a turnip patch

I also don't hunt out of blinds, or big box tree stands. IF I'm in a tree stand it's just a simple climber, but most of my hunting is done on the ground, stalking through the woods. I know you were just trying to prove a point, but I had to respond for the fun of it.

Like I said in my previous post, everyone has a different way of doing things and there's always going to be someone who disagrees with it. I don't care for long range rifle hunting, but I understand that there are places where that's pretty much the only viable way of hunting a deer. I despise the local hunt clubs who run dogs because the people are [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]s who have no respect for other hunters, private property, or even their own dogs but I know that there are dog runners who are the opposite of that. Listening to people up here like Hogdogs always reminds me that not all dog runners are jerks who aim guns at you while trespassing on private property (true story).

I think everyone has to deal with it eventually, not everyone is going to agree about how things should be done. I can't stand baiting of any kind, but that doesn't change the fact that it's perfectly legal in some places and is an accepted form of hunting.

---Enlightenment is the ability to take infinite pains---
MOLON LABE

Page generated in 0.01933 seconds with 8 queries