View Single Post
Old July 10, 2010, 10:23 PM   #1
DarkRayz

Tasers and big dogs

Sorry if this is the wrong location for this question.

Do tasers work reliably on large dogs?

I live in an apartment complex acting to large dog owners. I have a large golden, about as aggressive as a glazed donut. In just 4 weeks I've had two cases where knucklehead owners are out late with their dog or dogs off leads, and the dogs reacted to my passive leashed golden with aggression. One had him by the neck yipping before I kicked it off, and the other time was a close call by a different dog.

I have a ccw but now carry a taser and pepper spray, the latter in hand as I walk the dog. I jokingly think I might find myself peppering the dog and tasering the idiot owner as punishment for putting their dog and my dog at risk with this behavior. but my question is, assuming my aim in such a situation is correct (yes it's a careful situation with fur flying...) will a taser at least transiently disable the dog? Kill it? I love dogs but my own before all others, especially when he is the victim here.

I've reported these events to management but I don't think much will change....except maybe if I have to taser a dog, then word might get out!

DR

Page generated in 0.02898 seconds with 8 queries