View Single Post
Old January 16, 2014, 01:57 PM   #89
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, I believe it's all symptoms of the same problem.

When you say those suppressors are "crap", you mean performance, longevity, materials, what?

They don't have to pay a $200 bribe and wait 6 months to get one. Ours are expensive because people expect a product to be expensive when they have to pay an extra $200 and wait 6 months to get it. It's odd, but it's human nature. No one wants to pay $250 for a $50 product but they don't mind, relatively, paying $1000 for an $800 product.

I don't believe the companies are cheating anybody for two reasons. One, it's not possible. The consumer chooses to pay the price. It doesn't matter what the price is. They can't be "Cheated" because they are willingly participating. Second, I believe the research, materials and build quality are results of the scarcity and willingness of consumers to pay a high price since they have to pay the $200. Nothing "greedy" or cheating about it. It's market driven.

However, I'm thoroughly convinced that if the $200 bribe and 6 month wait vanished tomorrow, the largest share of the $800+ suppressor market would vanish with it. Folks would GLADLY pay $50 for a product that's 50% the quality when it's that easy and cheap to get one. I also think those mega-money suppressors would suddenly be priced at 1/2 or less.

Page generated in 0.03594 seconds with 8 queries