View Single Post
Old November 25, 2016, 12:20 PM   #14
TunnelRat

Quote:
But I hope Glock is not starting to believe their own hype.....
There have been cases of ejection problems for some time TBH. Randy Lee at APEX Tactical Specialties has a whole article out there somewhere about the less than ideal ejection patterns of Glocks going back a number of years. In 70 something handguns I've owned (with a number of duplicates and probably a dozen or so Glocks in 9mm) I have to say that the ejection pattern of Glocks seems more problematic than any number of other pistols. Now all that said I still carry Glocks and use Glocks for home defense.

I've found that for whatever reason the older Glocks tend to have fewer issues with ejection (again all my experience is with 9mm Glocks). It's at the point where I follow the following guide in terms of serial number range:
https://looserounds.com/2014/09/30/b...t-to-look-for/.
The irony of this is I don't have an issue with MIM and have a number of pistols with MIM parts that work fine. But I have owned a number of older Glocks whose ejection has been better than basically all of the newer Glocks I owned (I know it's not problematic when I never have to think about it). I've actually found newer Gen 3s more problematic in ejection pattern than the Gen 4s.

Case in point I have a 2013 Gen 3 whose ejection pattern was off the forehead regularly when I got it (multiple times a magazine). I tried an APEX extractor, the 30274 ejector, and mixed and mashed. I found the stock extractor and the 30274 ejector mostly took care of the ejection problems. I still get the occasional case off the head but very infrequent really. You shouldn't have to do that kind of dance though. Now any number of people will likely respond that they've owned any number of newer Glocks with 0 ejection problems and I can't discount that. It seems like a very inconsistent issue.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries