View Single Post
Old June 8, 2009, 08:29 PM   #14
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I think with a unified effort by gun retailers, owners, and a member or two of GA's state legislature we could have one shipment of non 922r compliant guns come in and go out to retailers let the Federal gov find out about it and then tell them to do something about it. This is assuming you could get the guns past customs agents.
There's a big difference between challenging a bad law and simply flouting it.

I mean, really, do you know what a bad idea this would be for everyone involved in such a scheme? The whole endeavor would be crushed in short order, and what then? Every participant would be spending the next couple of decades in prison, at the very least. I can only imagine the consequences for those in state government who agree to such a thing.

Even organizing it could be construed as conspiracy and prosecuted.

This is precisely how constructive change does not happen.

Back to topic, if we were to see a stricter reading of the Commerce Clause and a return to pre-FDR Enumerated Powers, I don't think the FDA and USDA would simply evaporate. It would be a very gradual process, and while those organizations would likely survive, they would likely be pared down somewhat.

Last edited by Tom Servo; June 8, 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Note to self: learn to type.

Page generated in 0.03581 seconds with 8 queries