View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Sabre9mm

Wow, see that is the problem I have, is that I can understand that the officer in the cruiser may not be personally sure, but I would think he could at the very least radio in the question or call someone who would unquestionably know.

Otherwise I cannot see how they could even get involved for fear that they may violate a persons rights by *not* being sure. There has to be a protocol for that, they cannot just ticket you because they are not sure, and let the court determine if they even had a right to can they, They do have to at least have some basis for believing they are *enforcing* something do they not?

At the very least direct me to the law as they would cite it so I could evaluate it for compliance.

Do not get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for our boys in uniform, they have a tough and reasonably thankless job. So not trying to kick a hornets nest, but am I the only one that thinks that this should be in the drivers education handbooks, or hunters education booklets? Something to serve as a guide other than seeking legal counsel?

IMHO, Texas DPS should be able to tell me how it relates to the state law, and Tyler PD should be able to inform me on Tyler ordinance.

Ignorance of the law is no exception, however inability to verify has to be one at some point.

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 8 queries