View Single Post
Old July 15, 2000, 04:12 PM   #25
Randy Davis

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cactus:
Randy,

Read my post again. I did not say that YOU were a Democrat Party infiltrator. I said that some Bush detractors on this post most certainly are. I have no way of knowing what is in your heart and mind. However, you do seem to know what is in the heart and mind of Gov. Bush, despite his record and statements to the opposite.

I do find it interesting that you seem to have "identified" yourself with my description though.

What I did say is that when commenting about Gov. Bush, you typically make alegations and never give evidence supporting your alegations. You have continued to do that when you responded to my post.

As for personally liking Gov. Bush, that matters not the least to me. I don't look to our President to be my buddy, I want an effective leader.

You state that you will continue to post articles pointing out Gov. Bush's "shortcomings". The past two that I have read have been anything but critical in my opinion. You posted a Salon article about how Gov. Bush is reaching out to minorities and a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel editorial about how President Bush would appoint more justices like Scalia and Thomas.

In my mind, only a racist (this is NOT an accusation to anyone here) would find Gov. Bush's outreach to minorities a "shortcoming". I will object if he PANDERS to minorities, as with any group, but I find it great that he is reaching out to minorities and wishes to convert them to more conservative beliefs. A liberal who erroneously believes that all conservatives are a bunch of ignorant bigots, probably thinks that a forum of gun owners would become outraged by this outreach.

As for appointing more justices like Scalia and Thomas, HALLELUJAH; every Supreme Court Justice should share the Constitutional opinions of Scalia and Thomas. If this were the case, we would be on the fast track back to the Constitutional principles of our founding fathers.

Randy, you post an editorial that you apparently feel is critical of Gov. Bush's proposed appointing of more justices like Scalia and Thomas, then you state in a following post that he will NOT appoint conservative justices. Which one is it?

Please Randy, continue to post such critical articles pointing out Gov. Bush's "shortcomings".
[/quote]

Cactus,

I can see now why you are confused about my posts regarding Bush. My apologies.

My posting articles that seem to show Bush in a "good" light, are posted to show fellow gun owners and TFL readers what the Left-wing fascists are reading about Bush.

This does NOT mean that I agree with the articles at all.

I have been hoping that someone who knows more about Bush's track record in approving Texas judges would be clarified by someone here, but to date that has not occurred.

As for Bush's reaching out to minorities, he is failing in that as well. Most Blacks that vote don't trust Republicans as a general rule, never have, and do support the Democrat sponsored gravy train of "free" benefits (medicare, SSI/SSDI, free paid abortions, welfare, food stamps, ect.)

So do most so-called illegal "migrant workers", read Mexican, and other minorities whose offspring become instant American citizens at birth, enabling even more givaway money (W-I-C programs, Planned Parenthood).

Do not misunderstand me. I hold not ill will towards those who cross the border illegally to obtain free American welfare $$ and other goodies.

That is OUR fault for allowing these programs to exist in the first place. They, like all humans will do what they think is in their best interests.

No one can blame them for that.

But, you see, Bush is not going to get much support from these people anyway, as they are going to vote Democrat anyhow, if they vote at all, so why does he ignore American Republican gun-owners, who do vote, so much?

Simple: he and his political machine
know full well that most of you will vote for him no matter what he does IRT welfare giveaways and other "outreach" programs.

That is because most of you will not support a political party that promises, as part of the plank, to eliminate free government handouts and welfare, while eliminating unconstitutional gun control laws.

This whole idea that firearms are the be-all, and end-all of freedom is nonsense.Of course they are necessary, but so is educating those who take over the reigns after we are to old to fight and pass on into history.

We are losing the fight because the younger generations are being indoctrinated in the public schools to think more big government is better, sex with multiple partners is good, and guns are "bad". Bush will only make that worse, not better, IMO.

Our time is very short and may already be well past, but I digress...

Page generated in 0.02869 seconds with 8 queries