View Single Post
Old October 5, 1999, 04:41 AM   #10
The Mohican Sneak

I'm not a gourmet cook by no means--just a fat boy that loves experimenting.

I'm from the south, so this is a southern meal. It can't be beat after a long day in the woods. Hell, it can't be beat anytime. But I haven't tried what y'all have cooking...yet.

Take some cubed deer meat and marinate it in Italian dressing. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste and let it marinate in a ziplock bag.

While that is marinating, get your skillet hot with grease or butter. Whichever you prefer. Then start you some taters boiling.

Yes, I said "taters". You don't say "potato" in the south.

Once the water and taters are boiling, you take the cubed steak out and dust it in some flour and then fry it until it's almost done. Like a previous poster said, to over cook any type of deer meat is a sin. I'd like to add to that and say " and punishable by no luck for the rest of the season".

For extra crust, dip each steak in flour, then buttermilk, and then flour again. It makes a mess, but it's good.

After the steaks are done, more than likely it will be time to pull the taters and mash them. I like to add some freshly crushed garlic, salt, butter, and plenty of pepper to mine. For added flavor, make "loaded mashed taters". Add sour cream, milk, butter, maybe some bacon bits and shredded mild cheddar cheese.

You can serve this with fresh creamed corn, biscuits and gravy, or just a garden salad along with the taters.

Sweet tea is a have to on this one!

TMS

This evening I'll post about my experiment with chicken strips and salsa... or grilled porkchops with 57 Sauce and honey as a basting sauce...

[This message has been edited by The Mohican Sneak (edited October 05, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03498 seconds with 8 queries