View Single Post
Old August 20, 2013, 01:00 PM   #9
BigD_in_FL

If you can seriously afford a Perazzi, get it. You can order one EXACTLY how you want it at no extra charge, including having the stock made to fit. (If it is just a dream for when you hit the Lotto, I understand because that's my dream too!)
Otherwise, the Browning/Beretta level is considered by most as the entry level price point for serious clay target shooting. My main Browning Gti target gun is now approaching 20 years of service and has right at 300,000 rounds through it in that time. The only mechanical repairs were done at 90,000 and consisted of new firing pins and springs and top lever spring,

I have serious reservations about the Mossberg, Stoeger, 101 level of guns making it that far.

Try to borrow and seriously shoot as many different brands and models as you can. Browning has several models with different stock configurations, as does Beretta. If one of them does not work out, look to Cesar Guerini, Zoli, Blaser, B. Rizzini (not the others). I would also not rule out a good Beretta gas gun. Shouldering the gun in the store is a nice but unless you KNOW it fits because you shot it and broke a lot of targets, it is only a guess.....and most folks tend to guess wrong because they want to will it to work out.

IF you determine a certain brand is the one for you, start looking at the club bulletin boards for one for sale. That way you can save big $$$ buying a used gun (if in good condition), and you should be able to try it out to make sure it works for you

If you find one you just have to have but it doesn't fit quite right, there are many different after-market devices and procedures to make it come out OK

The chase for a new to you gun is always part of the fun. Just be sure so you don 't get buyer's remorse over spending a few grand on a gun

Page generated in 0.04149 seconds with 9 queries