View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 07:59 PM   #6
dickttx

I started reloading in the late 60's and faded out probably about 1973. As said, other things like making a living, and lack of places to shoot got in the way.
I primarily piddled with rifles back then but did have a Colt 45 ACP, a Colt Mk IV, 357 mag, and a Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt.
A couple of years ago I retired for the second time. First time was really bored for about 3 years, so I went back to work for about 5 more years. Second time I decided I was going to have something to do, so I pulled out all my guns and reloading equipment. I first realized that I did not have a 22 handgun, so I bought a S&W 617, 10 shot revolver and started trying to learn how to shoot. Several thousand rounds of that was really enjoyable. Started working on my centerfire pistols then, and getting things together to start reloading again. My old press was still as good as ever (C-H CHampion), however I was not satisfied with my Ohaus Duo-Measure. Didn't seem very consistent.
As a stab in the dark, I bought a Lee Pro Auto Disk. Immediately found that it really wouldn't work on the C-H because of the slant of the press.
Long story short, I have acquired a Lee Classic Turret with the Safety Prime and turrets for six sets of dies. (9mm, 38 Super, 357, 41, 45 ACP, and 45 Colt) Decided to stick to one powder (HP-38) instead of accumulating the couple of dozen like I had before.
I am now easily turning out all I want to shoot (about twice a week) at a very easy pace.
Really enjoying it.
Still can't shoot worth a darn though.

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 8 queries