View Single Post
Old September 27, 2002, 04:58 PM   #6
Joe Portale

You need to resize your brass more. run the die down to the shell holder and give it between an eighth and quarter turn more. I had feeding problems with both my ARs in time past. One set was traced to a bad brand new die the other was I wasn't squishing the brass enough on the resize.

Sodapop, do this: Put a fired case into the reloading setup. Resize normally with a little extra turn. Seat a bullet. I found 2.260" works great FOR MY AR's . Try to chamber. Use the bolt release to let her fly. If the bolt doesn't go all the way forward, or the cartridge gets stuck you need to size more. Repeat this until you find the depth of the sizing die that works for your rifle. Just remember that you setting will be "touching the shell hold plus X more ".

If the dummy gets stuck and the bolt won't release, don't panic. Take a towel and drape it over the corner of the work bech. Hook the charging handle (lock release side) on the end of the table and give the rifle a sharp rap on the butt with the heel of your hand. It will pop loose. This method has less chance of marring the finish that hitting the charging handle with a soft face hammer.

Let us know how you fair.

"Even now in heaven there are angles carrying savage weapons".
- St Paul

Page generated in 0.04173 seconds with 8 queries