Thread: 6MM Rem Brass?
View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013, 04:17 PM   #16
JerryM

Thanks. I am on the waiting list with Natchez and Midway. I am in no hurry, as the friend whose daughter I offered the rifle to is not going to hunt this year. His 13 year old daughter has to take some training, and it is a little late to get it done this year and draw for the permit.
There may be other reasons, but in any event it will be the 2014 season before she needs it.

The gun, Rem 660 is the one I bought for my son when he was 11. He took several deer with it before I gave him a .270. The 6MM was effective.

I have 60 new unfired cases and the same number of others that have been reloaded one or more times. I have always hunted with ammo that has never been reloaded more than once, and usually new cases. We have not used the 6MM for over 30 years, but I thought it might be a good choice for a teen girl, Her dad only has a .308. It has a Weaver 2.5X scope and that has done everything we needed it to to for him.
I like to have a lot of unfired brass on hand for my rifles, but did not foresee the need for it until now.

He can also buy a couple boxes of factory before next year and we can use the fired brass.

I bought the rifle when I was going to an Army school at Ft Leavenworth, KS in 1972. A shooting friend on the staff there had a relationship with Simmons so that he could buy anything with 10% off wholesale cost. I think the rifle cost me about $90. We were allowed to go to the warehouse and pick the one we wanted. I wish I had bought a 6.5 Rem Mag, and a .350 Rem Mag, but I didn't. OH WELL!.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jerry
Ecclesiastes 12:13  ¶Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries