View Single Post
Old September 14, 2012, 02:31 PM   #62
buck460XVR

Quote:
In what set of evidentiary rules do SD shoots get different evidentiary rules from an alleged murder?
Huh? Are you asking if the rules of evidence are different for SD and Murder? If that is the question than my answer is no. The deal in the Bias case was if the distance was two feet or two inches. The difference between murder and suicide. In a SD case, the difference between two feet and two inches is irrelevant. The danger from harm is virtually the same. BTW, the murder charge against Daniel Bias was actually overturned, partly because of the lack of GSR. IOW, the use of handloads helped him. IMHO, they helped a guy get away with murder. He was later convicted of Reckless Manslaughter for pointing the gun at his wife during an argument and pulling the trigger. Several years later he was charged with a felony weapons offense possessing weapons after being prohibited because of the reckless manslaughter conviction.

Quote:
I'd avoid using any rounds for SD named "ManKiller 2000," regardless of whether they were factory rounds or handloads.

Even if the FBI or your local police force used 'em?

As I said before....folks should use what methods they are comfortable with and confident in. As long as they are legal. I believe the use of handloads is still legal. Unless you have some evidentiary rules showing they are not?

I believe in our justice system and I believe in the theory that a jury of my peers will see the truth and make their decisions based on that truth. I also believe their decision will be the same as it has been in every other SD shoot trial in our country.....that type of ammo, handloads or store bought, made do difference in the decision if the shoot was good or bad.

Last edited by buck460XVR; September 14, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Page generated in 0.03104 seconds with 8 queries