View Single Post
Old July 24, 2008, 08:26 PM   #48
packa45

I can see your points and somewhat agree. We're not talking about toys here though we are talking about firearms. It's up to the government to enforce restrictions that are meaningful and that combat those issues. For the judicial branch to penalize a company for operating within those laws because their product was misused and negligently handled is flat out wrong IMO. They are trying to make the big bucks with using cheap parts in a capitalist economy and maximize profit margins just like all the others. Are we gonna see a run on lawsuits against Microsoft because someone got a virus on their computer? Did they cut corners to secure the OS to maximize profit? yep. It's ultimately up to the end user though when dealing with a product than can cause death and injury to keep themselves and others safe providing the maker hasn't been negligent in the design.

Maybe that's what you are saying though. That bryco was negligent in the materials they used. If that's the case then I believe it's still up to a government regulatory agency(don't we have the ATF?) to put a stranglehold on them and halt sales until it's fixed. Personally I own a Bryco .380 and while it may be a piece of junk that's impossible to field strip it has been reliable(I promise you, no kidding aside the thing feeds rounds) and hasn't fallen apart in my hand after over a thousand rounds.

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns.

Page generated in 0.06420 seconds with 8 queries