View Single Post
Old August 15, 2013, 02:48 PM   #19
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
You might be able to drive different vehicles in an emergency and know the difference between the Land Rover and the Mini but they both have the gas to the right side of the brake pedal. You know where to go to hit the right one. Imagine the chaos on the sidewalks of America if they were random across car models. You might do fine in normal conditions but in an emergency where you're reacting from memorized motor skills, the sidewalks could become a dangerous place to be.
I understand what you mean, but my 2000 Mustang GT's clutch and shifter isn't remotely close to the 2008 VW's clutch and shifter I had before. When I jump into someone else's manual car, I need to learn a bit where the clutch let's off.

It's like a Glock trigger at 5.5lbs vs my SIG's 10lbs-DA / 4lbs-SA.

It's just better to be more familiar with one manual of arms or at the least really learn it well. That's not to say it's better to stick to only one kind of gun all the time in general. Such as recreational shooting activities. Just where it matter most, where it would most likely tarnish you up a bit under stress. Where muscle memory would take over for the most part when your mind goes into automatic flight, fight, or freeze mode.

Yeah, freeze mode is horrible. Happens to highly decorated veterans, it can happen to anyone. But that's a whole different conversation.

I'm just from the school of familiarity being more ideal with training.

Page generated in 0.02481 seconds with 8 queries