View Single Post
Old December 17, 1999, 07:50 AM   #3
DAVE MOON

I've been wearing a IWB for about 12 years. I think the key to a comfortable one is a custom maker like Kramer or Rosen (I haven't used the kydex, but it looks like it has promise).
Some years ago, I tried a Bianchi IWB (I forget the model) and it was TORTURE! I then took a chance and bought a Kramer #2 IWB for my Sig P220. When held up to the Bianchi, it looked very similar, same angles, belt loop size, etc. But, it was actually very comfortable. And after 6+ years of 18 hour days of carry, it hadn't softened or even had any visible wear. Also went thru several pistol courses with it. I've since retired it and got Kramer #2 when my PD went to Glock. Same comfort, wears like iron.
I think the key is to stay away from the big, mass produce companies like Bianchi, Safariland, etc., and bite the bullet and spend a few more bucks on a custom maker.
I've got experience with Greg Kramer, Mitch Rosen, Bladetech and Pierside and all are good. I got a bag full of Bianchi, Safariland, Galco that were uncomfortable and useless (but looked good in the store)that was money wasted.

Page generated in 0.03222 seconds with 8 queries