View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Spats McGee
Staff

First, my usual caveat: I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. I'm also not licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Accordingly, what follows is simply my commentary, not legal advice. If you want some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go find a lawyer who is well-versed in firearms law and criminal defense law, and licensed in your jurisdiction . . . and buy an hour's worth of time for a consult. Spend some time doing some research and writing down questions that you may have. That will help you spend your hour wisely.

With that said, self-defense is a matter of state law, so you really need to know what your state says on the subject. While there may be a "perfect" SD case, they are few and far between. You'll need to read your state statutes on the subject, as well as the cases that have been handed down from the highest court in your state. Brian Pfleuger has already directed you to one very good resource on the subject. You might also simply browse through some of the old threads here in Law & Civil Rights for discussions about SD principles. Bear in mind though, that regardless of what we may say in threads here, it's the law in your jurisdiction that counts.

Welcome to The Firing Line!

Page generated in 0.02392 seconds with 8 queries