Thread: 357sig Loading
View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 05:01 AM   #1
HookedOnTheOutdoors

357sig Loading

Hi Everyone

I have been reloading rifle and shotgun ammo for a little over 30 years, mostly 308, 30-30 and 12 guage. In the past year I decided to purchase a Glock 23 and now have a Lone Wolf 4" 357 SIG barrel for it. My experience in reloading handgun ammo is limited, only about 1-1/2 years of 357 magnum and 9mm.

The reason I am posting here is that I really like the SIG round and want to get very good with it, beginning with reloading. I've been reading a lot about bullet set back and am a little concerned.

I have big supply of Unique powder and of Hornady XTP 124s and want to use them. I realize this isn't the most popular powder for this round, but considering my inventory and my wife's patience on my new investments running thin, I really should use what I have.

What is the best way to prepare the cases to minimize the chances of a set back?

Are there any tips that you can share to minimize the chances of a set back after the rounds are reloaded? In other words, a reliable way to test them before I load them in my gun?

Thanks for any info you share.

Page generated in 0.03184 seconds with 8 queries