View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Sevens

That is a nutbar experiment, and one that I have conjured in my own head many, many times. Always wondered what would happen!

Another experiment I've always wondered about was the whole "let's neck a .50 BMG down to .224" (or smaller, .20, .17, etc) I believe it's been done, but IIRC, you end up having a difficult time building a slug that can survive the experiment. Of course, it pushes the mind to even more outrageous places... what about one of those crazy Naval war ship deck guns?! Let's neck that down to .22 cal!

Tuner, have you followed any of the posts in the handloading & reloading area by gun-killer Clark? First time I saw one of his posts, my knee-jerk was: "oh, he's crazy." Then it was "oh, he's just trying to make people think he's crazy." But I've read a lot of what he's done and I'm quite sure neither of those is accurate. In fact, Clark is willing and driven to spend his money finding the true limits of different chamberings and calibers, and wrecking guns is merely a cost of that adventure. I've said before after some of his posts... I don't know how I'd make use of some of the results of his adventures, but I always enjoy seeing what he has to say.

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 8 queries