View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 03:31 AM   #21
Bill Akins

Here's a similar concept MODERN five & six shot chamber, muzzleloading harmonica pistol that was made in the Czech republic. Similar to my idea, but not semi-auto nor full auto. Still a muzzleloading modern harmonica pistol though with interesting features. Hard to find much about it online though.
My understanding is that these were made in the Czech Republic for shooters in England because of their draconian English gun laws. Check the articles and videos out. Pretty easy loading with his off the gun press.

(Scroll down for the videos at this article. Videos could use improving though, but adequate for us to evaluate.)
http://www.glossover.co.uk/blog/?p=426

Not much at this article, mostly about the projectile it fires, but then it's hard to find out much online about this harmonica pistol.
http://www.westernshootingsupplies.com/page37.htm

After watching those videos of the muzzleloading pistol firing and having to have the "bolt" handle MANUALLY recocked after each shot,....now imagine that the block had zig zag slots in it which along with the stationary bolt riding the slots of the zig zag slots, indexing it to the next chamber as it recoiled to the rear, compressed a spring, cocked the hammer, then the harmonica block went back forward again ready for the next shot as a semi-auto...or even as a full auto muzzleloader. Then make it much larger, tripod mounted with a 100 round harmonica bar.....with an assistant at the ready to insert another harmonica bar as soon as the other bar was ejected.

It's never been done before and that's what intrigues me about it so. I've been thinking about my design for this for years. A semi-auto/full auto, machinegun that isn't a firearm nor a machine under Federal law. Could be mailed to your doorstep, no regs or papers to fill out. Much less weight, easier and cheaper to build than a Gatling or Gardner gun. But could have comparable firepower. If the barrel gets too hot, stick a pretty brass waterjacket on it like the Gardner gun. Can you visualize it?

Marketability for my design concepts in this thread? Who knows, because it would no doubt have a very small niche market in the muzzleloading community. Almost not worth the effort for a demographic that small. But I'd love to make several for myself. Just for fun. Then if others wanted me to build them some few on a small basis, I'd entertain that idea. But I've got other projects going on right now and don't think I have time for building this one. Still, if someone could work with me making some CAD renditions and plans machine shop ready, I might consider it. Right now it's all in my head.

Anyone here have a CAD program and who knows how to use it? Love to work with someone like that so we could CAD the design up and animate it as if it was firing. Anyone here with a CAD program interesting in doing some work with me on it? Send me a PM.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; August 22, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 8 queries