View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 05:43 AM   #46
nate45

Sage advice pax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax
There are no guarantees in a gunfight. Zero, none, nada. There are things you can do to improve your odds and things you can do to make your odds worse. But if you go into it thinking, "This is how it's going to be..." you're likely to get bitten by something you never expected.
I started to write in about the flesh and bone I've seen mangled by magnum projectiles and how deep and well they penetrate. How they are much more potent than the Lead Roundnose .38's the NYPD once used. Then I remembered the man I saw before with my own eyes, who got shot in the face with a .44 Magnum LSWC and kept going. His face looked just like the way you'd imagine/or have actually seen before, from being shot by a large caliber handgun, yet he kept going and survived.

Warning Image below is graphic

bullet wound.jpeg

The man above, not the one I mentioned, but another, looks like he should be dead, but there he sits, big as life. He could still pull a trigger.

So yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax
No magic bullets. No magic guns. No magic shot placements. Just some that work better than others, most of the time.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 9 queries