View Single Post
Old October 18, 2008, 12:10 AM   #17
kymasabe

Most of the break-ins in my area are robberies. The result of living in one of the most depressed areas of the country. Violent crime is down while break-ins and robberies are going up. We've got people stealing gas cans full of fuel (open garage doors theft of oppurtunity), breaking into homes stealing food, cash, and jewelry (the newbies to crime, trying to survive or provide for others at home), and the pro's coming in, leaving the TV's and jewelry (the things they can't pawn) and stealing computers/hard-drives/laptops for identity theft and online banking. Most of the intruders are interested in quick in/out with as much loot as they can carry and as little human contact as possible. If racking the slide scares them off without me having to fire...great, get the hell out. If they continue into my home, they're only gonna have a second or two to invision their funeral.
But, I'd rather not pull the trigger on an intruder.
I keep the .38 in the safe because it's fool-proof, no safeties, just pull the trigger, great gun for my wife too.
Southwest Florida is a strange place with lots of transient people and illegal immigrants. There's no such thing as being too well armed down here.

Page generated in 0.03211 seconds with 8 queries