View Single Post
Old February 12, 2012, 12:39 AM   #1
CaptainObvious

Soft Trauma Plate testing...

I have two vests for two different purposes. One of the vests is a ABA model level IIA with a place for an 8x10 trauma plate on the front and rear. It came with a two thin metal plates. These metal plates were very uncomfortable and people could tell right away that I was wearing a vest. Therefore, I switched to two soft trauma plates by Point Blank. My purpose with the IIA vest is maximum concealment and the two metal plates were horrible.

I was told by someone at the company their soft trauma plates are made with the same material their vests are made of. In fact, the two large 8x10 soft trauma plates seemed even a little bit thicker then the panels of the vest itself. The company representative said the soft plates would probably be IIA if properly tested.

I was wondering if anyone on here has tested soft trauma plates. I would test out the trauma plates myself, but there is a budget nowadays and I cant be destroying my equipment. I have googled away and havent read about anyone testing their soft trauma plate. If the soft plates are indeed IIA then I would be very happy because it would make the areas most likely to get shot at on my ABA vest more inline with a IIIA vest.

BTW, my other vest is a Second Chance Monarch SPA-FRP Level II. I also have some other trauma plates such as the T15 and two PPI Speed Plates. If you go from soft to hard, it gets tougher to conceal and uncomfortable. I know when I have been outed when people start staring at my chest...one time someone even asked me if I was wearing a vest. I didnt want to blow it and so I told them I was wearing a back brace as a result of a car accident.

Page generated in 0.06727 seconds with 8 queries