View Single Post
Old December 2, 2010, 01:21 PM   #3
LordTio3

Quote:
Edit: Drawing from the purse won't be allowed. We have allowed drawing from fanny packs in the appendix position, but IDPA is a strong-side-hip-holster sport.
I suspected that this may be the case. So we'll have to get her a strong side holster. She's not new to shooting by any means. She's shot plenty of different platforms and calibers; but always on the line where you can take your time and are never in a hurry to shoot or reload. What she hasn't ever done is be forced to move from cover to cover, shooting to empty, reloading, and trying to be quick while doing it.

I recommended IDPA with her gun for a few reasons.
1. I want her to realize everything that is involved in a SD situation (MOVEMENT, cover, loading/reloading, draw, shot cadence, breathing, etc...) instead of just standing on a line shooting at paper.
2. I want her to shoot 5, then reload, shoot 5 then reload, shoot 5 then reload, etc... so that it REALLY digs in deep that she's ONLY got 5 shots in her carry weapon before she's got to take several seconds to reload; and how extremely limiting that is. Repitition will really drive that home.
3. I want her to really test her equipment and loadout. I'm almost positive that after the day is over, she'll be completely done with that "Oh, I'll be fine doing it this way" mentality.

So any other advice on doing a match with this little guy would get Greatly appreciated.

~LT

Page generated in 0.02960 seconds with 8 queries