View Single Post
Old May 2, 2005, 05:34 PM   #1
FirstFreedom

What's a good 2x or 3x fixed optic, under $100

Anyone have a recommendation for a budget-ish fixed scope which has a heavy reticle, or circle-x, or some such for low light, either 2, 2.5, or 3x - somewhere in there? Something small and light with say, just a 25mm objective. I bought a Henry pump .22, went to buy a scope and rings for it, and was astonished to learn that the Bass Pro here doesn't have anything smaller or cheaper than a fixed 4x32 at $120 (Simmons). I was thinking of throwing on a 1.5-4x Bushnell Banner, at around $80, but its bigger than I want for this little carbine, and I want the ease of use and extra durability one gets from a fixed power, for this, which will be a walkin around gun. P.S. On a side note, I'm pretty impressed by the Lynx brand of scope rings, which is B-Square's premium line - not a half bad set of heavy steel rings for $25. These are found at Bass Pro and elsewhere.

Edited: So far in my search, the Pentax Lightseeker shotgun scope, 2.5x25mm, looks great, but it ain't under $100. Hmm, if I can't find what I'm looking for, then I'll either go with a Weaver Classic K 4x28, or Nikon Prostaff fixed 4x32.

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/...plus_scope.htm

The Pentax "0x21mm" looks interesting too, at $180. I assume they mean 1x not 0x, as the latter would mean it obliviates the image entirely.

Last edited by FirstFreedom; May 2, 2005 at 08:56 PM.

Page generated in 0.03322 seconds with 8 queries