Thread: CCW laws in NY
View Single Post
Old March 19, 2008, 07:37 PM   #1
LiveFast

CCW laws in NY

So I went through the insane process in NYS to get my pistol permit. Recieved it two month's ago. I've bought two guns as well already.. (GF is gonna kill me ).. and I'm still confused to if I can carry "legally". Btw, my county is fairly lienient.. we have a great county clerk that can get things process incredibly fast. I bought a gun the other day and went and saw her and I picked it up that night.

My permit says "Licensed to carry pistol is hereby granted:" My name, picture, address, job, judge signature is on there. But on the top, it say's "State of New York, County of Rensselaer" "Hunting and Target" are underneath it.

I've been told you can get two types in NY: This one, and Premise only. They dont issue unrestricted carries. But someone told me they are "Administrative" restrictions, I cant go to jail or anything.

I've read the stories about people just putting targets in their car, or saying they belong to a 24/7 club when they get questioned by LEO's.

My boss carries all the time, and I believe his say's the same thing. Can someone clear this up for me? Should I write a letter to the judge in a year asking for the restrictions lifted? I just dont want to jeopordize losing my guns.

Thanks everyone.

Page generated in 0.02875 seconds with 8 queries