View Single Post
Old December 8, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1
OvertheHill

Newby here...need advice.

I've been a hunter/fisherman/outdoorsman all my life. But I never got into black-powder. Now I'm getting the hankering to try it out. I've been looking around some, lurking on this Forum, etc...Anyhow, I figure the best way to get started in something brand new is ask the folks who've been doing it a while and save yourself some groping around in the dark.So...

I found a rifle I think I might like as an "entry-level" to try this stuff out. Upgrade later if I find it something I want to do. I tend to think I'd prefer the "traditional" side-lock percussion rifles, to start with, anyway. But I don't want to drop a thousand bucks into the sport until I've had some experience and decide I like it enough to do that. What's the advice regarding this rifle you might want to share with me?

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/pr...b5324eff132d30

Also, I can tell there's a laundry list of accessories I'll need to clean/load/shoot/enjoy the sport. If you'd be so kind to share some of the knowledge you have gained with your experience, I could use a list of "must-haves" for the required activities. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood.--John Adams

Page generated in 0.02704 seconds with 8 queries