Thread: The M4 Article
View Single Post
Old June 19, 2002, 12:34 PM   #8
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

I think his point with regard to the good points is that previous Benellis do all those things. His exact observation was "The M4 doesn't do anything that other weapons don't already do, so what is its purpose?"

Of course, we all know that its purpose is to be newer than the old models (and thus instantly better) and to introduce new features. I think Mr. Awerbuck's problem was that the new features were so impractical as to overshadow the rest.

I shot with a guy with a Benelli w/Vang Comp conversion a few weeks ago, and his gun was reliable with nice sights. It also used that famous Benelli carrier system so it held that extra round. The question is, why buy the new gun with its problems when you can have the old gun without them?

(Not that I'd turn my nose up at an M4 if you offered it to me, but then Mr. Awerbuck and I use shotguns for very different purposes. I bet that short stock would be perfect for deer hunting in four layers of insulated clothing, but it might give Mr. Awerbuck a heart attack if I suggested such a thing. )

Page generated in 0.02817 seconds with 8 queries