View Single Post
Old July 20, 2011, 12:18 PM   #7
GWS

Quote:
so... I load around 60 different cartridges,.......
So that means you have 60 guns to reload for!!.......what else do you have time for?

So if you load a box for each caliber, that's somewhere between 1,200 to 3,000 rounds!....nothing to snuff at!

Quote:
45 Colt Cowboy loads for my Rugers, & hopefully will be able to use my measure again soon for 1000 45 Colt cartridges in the next week or so ( hoping to do some cowboy action competitions next year... wanted to do it this year, but never got my loads defined & cartridges loaded )
Seems to me you could put a progressive to good use with that need.

Quote:
anyway... so anyone else ever putz with the recipes so much that you rarely get around to doing your bulk loading??? or do I fall into some sort of group that needs counsiling
Did that before buying my Pro 2000 to compliment my Rock Chucker. Now days, when I finally settle on a load I like, I buy another shell plate and die plate and move the caliber to the progressive. I find that I can load just as accurately with it, once I meter and settle the powder load in the Uniflow powder measure (The Pro 2000 comes with a Mic adjustable Uniflow). Any time I dump some more powder in, I put my cell phone on vibrate, and call myself. Putting the phone against the hopper, it vibrates (settles) the powder to a repeatable state of volume....makes the throws more repeatable for me.

I only load for 6 calibers on the progressive....pistol and rifle...so far. Adding to that is easy......just add more time and money. (I have neither)

60 calibers! Wow...blows my mind!

I am looking into old folks homes with shooting and reloading facilities, for when they commit me. Counciling?....what do they know!

Last edited by GWS; July 20, 2011 at 12:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.02831 seconds with 8 queries