View Single Post
Old February 10, 2010, 04:21 PM   #21
41mag10mm

OK, I'm going to step out here and disagree with a few points. Many cartridge manufacturers offer 180gr loads for the .40 S&W so I don't agree the 180gr bullets are a bad thing per se. Scrounged brass is probably the worst of the potential causes. Not only does one not know whether they were fired in a partially unsupported chamber, but they could have been reloaded many times. One additonal question for the OP would be inspection of the spent case primers. First thing I do when trying a new load is limit the number of rounds to 50. That way I don't have a lot to waste if there is a BIG problem. Next is carefully inspect the first few rounds for signs of pressure. Are the primers flattened or obvious case bulges? Since you had run some factory rounds first you have a good example of what a good case and primer should look like. Personally I'm not a fan of Lee reloading products. I have Hornady and Redding dies for almost all my calibers. I do have a few RCBS dies but can't stand them. No flames please, that's my opinion alone and my reasons don't apply to anyone else. You pay more for Redding dies but they are without equal and are worth every cent.

Page generated in 0.02362 seconds with 8 queries